Welcome to Citable! These are the Citable Terms of Service which are provided to let you know how Citable operates its website, applications, and services so you can make informed decisions about your access and use of Citable’s offerings.
Terms of Service
Citable Terms of Service
By accessing or using or by subscribing to the Service or by accessing any Content via the Service, you acknowledge and agree that You have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the Terms. Your agreement to be bound by the Terms begins immediately when you access or use of any Service or Content. As used in the Terms, “Content” means and includes without limitation any information, data, news articles, text, photos, videos, URLs, or other materials that can be viewed via the Service by you.
YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHT TO USE OR ACCESS ANY OF THE SERVICE OR THE CONTENT IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THE TERMS.
- What Citable collects for specific activities or purposes.
- Account Registration: If you register for a Citable account, Citable collects your first name, last name, and email. Citable uses this information to maintain your account and subscription to the Service.
- Purchases: If you make purchases from the Website, our third-party payment services provider will receive personal data about you including your name, address, email address, and credit card information. Citable and its third party payment service provided uses this information to fulfil your orders for the Service.
- Browsing Activity/Web Usage: When you visit the Website or use the Service, Citable collects information about how you navigate and use the Website or Service, for example, the links you click and the pages you view. Citable collects the internet protocol address of the computer you are using. Citable uses this information to understand how your use the Website or Service, personalize your experience on the Website or in the Service and the marketing and advertising you receive, improve the Website and Service, determine which portions of the Website or Service are most popular and which portions may need improvement.
- Communication with Citable: When you communicate with Citable, for support, for inquiries, or other reasons, Citable will collect your name and contact information and any other information that you choose to provide. Citable uses this information so that our team can respond to you.
When you access the Website or otherwise provide information or personal data about you, you consent to the collection and use of such information and personal data by Citable and its third-party providers so that (a) Citable may use it to facilitate your access and use of the Service and (b) Citable’s marketing purposes and to enable third party providers to provide advertising for products and services that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of emails from Citable by following the opt-out instructions in the email or by writing to Citable at 8012 Bee Caves Road, Austin, Texas 78739 providing information about the email address that you desire to opt out. Citable may also disclose your information and personal data when required by law.
- What Citable shares.
- Third party service providers. Citable uses Google Analytics to help us carry out analytics that can help us improve our Service and understand how visitors engage with our Service. You can install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser, provided by Google, if you do not wish Google Analytics to be used in in your browser.
- Advertising Partners. Citable shares your information with our advertising partners to help Citable deliver relevant advertising throughout the Website and Service.
- As required by law. Citable may provide your personal data to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, or government authority if Citable is required to do by law or regulatory obligation, or in connection with a legal action if required to do so by law, court order, subpoena, warrant, regulatory requirement or to protect our rights or the rights of others. If not prohibited by law, Citable will attempt to notify you prior to disclosing your personal data unless there are clear indications of unlawful conduct, in Citable’s sole opinion, in connection with your use of the Website or Service.
- What Citable collects for specific activities or purposes.
- Functional cookies: These cookies help the Service provide functionality and personalization of use. Functional cookies may also be used by third party providers to Citable to enable activities like payment for Service subscriptions.
- Performance cookies: These cookies help Citable know what is happening with the Service and allows Citable to count the numbers of visitors to the Service and source of traffic so Citable measure the Service performance and improve the Service. The information collected by the Performance cookies is aggregated and anonymous.
- Strictly necessary cookies: There cookies are necessary for the Service to function and cannot be disabled in our Service. You can normally set your browser to alert you about this type of cookie or you can have your browser block this type of cookie, however if you block this type of cookie the Service will not function correctly for you.
- You can manage cookies by adjusting the setting in your web browser however doing so may disrupt or prevent your use of the Service.
- How Citable protects your information. Citable uses physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal data under our control from unauthorized access, disclosure, loss, misuse and alteration. Personal data is secured on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Orders and credit card information are encrypted and the Website has an SSL certificate.
- How long Citable keeps your information. Citable keeps your information for a reasonable amount of time to allow Citable to use such information purposes communicated to you or as needed to comply with Citable’s legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce Citable’s or its licensors’ agreements. When your information is no longer required, Citable will it is securely deleted from Citable’s databases. If Citable uses third party service providers to collect, store or remove your information on behalf of Citable, such companies will have to comply with the terms of this section. If you are a subscriber to the Service your information will be retained for as long as you or your organization has a fully paid, valid subscription term with Citable.
- Modification of the Service and Terms of Service. Citable may change these Terms from time to time and your continued use of the Service after the Terms change indicates your acceptance of the new Terms. Please be sure to check this page regularly to keep up to date on any changes. Citable will always note on this page when the last update occurred. Citable will post notices on the Website to inform you of material changes to these Terms and other important matters, and the posting of such notices constitutes notice to you at the time of posting.
- Citable Service. Through the Service, Citable makes news aggregation, news personalization, fact citation, sentiment analysis, links to source materials, articles, email newsletters, news recaps, email digests, push notifications, and other similar services. Citable is not obligated to maintain, support, update or upgrade any or all the Service or any part thereof. Citable reserves the sole right to either modify or discontinue the Service, or any of the features, at any time without notice to you. Citable is not and will not be liable to you or any third party should it exercise such right. From time to time Citable may update the Service, disable access to our Service for any period or permanently in Citable’ s sole discretion. Any new features that update, augment, or enhance the Service shall also be subject to the Terms.
Use of the Service and Subscriptions. You must be at least 13 years old to use the Service. If you use the Service, you represent and warrant you are at least 13 years old. Citable may offer use of portions of the Service at no charge or on a paid subscription basis. In all cases, the Service is not being sold to you but instead you are being granted a limited license to access and use the Service. If provided by Citable on a paid subscription basis, your access and use of the Website and certain portions of the Service are enabled by your paid subscription to the Service. To access and use the Service, you will create an account and purchase your subscription via our online payment portal. You can unsubscribe from e-newsletters and promotion materials Citable provides as part of the Services at any time. You can cancel your subscription at any time.
- Limited Use License. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Citable grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use the Service and Content for your non-commercial, personal purposes.
- Usernames/passwords. Your account is intended for your personal use. You should never share your username or password with any other person. Citable will never ask you to provide use with your username or password. Please notify Citable immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account credentials.
- Paid Use. If you are a paid subscriber to the Service, you shall pay all fees or charges to your account in accordance with the fees, charges, and billing terms in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable. If auto-renewal is enabled for the Service subscription you selected, you will be charged automatically in accordance with the term you selected. Citable reserves the right to change Service pricing at any time. Citable reserves the right to refuse any order you place.
- Content Ownership and Responsibility. The Content accessible through the Service is the sole and exclusive property of Citable or the third-party owners and providers of the relevant Content. The Content is protected by copyright, international treaties, and other intellectual property rights. You shall access and use the Service and Content subject the limited license granted by Citable in this Agreement. All rights not expressly granted to you in this Agreement are reserved by Citable. You shall not:
- frame or mirror any part of the Service without express prior written consent from Citable;
- copy, reproduce, transfer or access (except as expressly authorized by this Agreement), re-license, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, translate, publish, transmit, distribute, display, broadcast, re-broadcast, redistribute, modify, create derivative works from, capture or store in any physical media, market, rent, sell, lease, sublicense, or participate in any sale of or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, the Service or the Content;
- Use any robot, spider, rover, scraper, offline readers, site search/retrieval applications or any other data mining technology or automatic or manual process, system or software to monitor, cache, frame, mask, extract data from, copy or distribute the Content (except as may be a result of standard search engine or internet browser usage) or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service;
- create a database of the Content by any means; or
- bypass or attempt to bypass any controls, measures or procedures used by Citable to control and restrict the Service and Content.
- You shall not use the Service or Content in any manner contrary to local, state or federal law. Citable hereby expressly disclaims all responsibility or liability for any action by you that is contrary to such law(s) by you and reserves the right to terminate your Service immediately upon notice of your failure to comply with any such local, state or federal law.
- Disclaimer for Content/Third-Party Content. The Service may include Content which may be offensive, harmful, objectionable, indecent, inaccurate, inappropriate or otherwise prohibited. Citable does not endorse any Content, and the Content does not reflect Citable’s opinions or policies. Under no circumstances will Citable be held responsible or liable for any Content, including but not limited to any errors or omissions in any Content or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content made available via the Service, and you waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against Citable with respect to such Content. Any use or reliance on any Content by you through the Service is solely at your own risk. You may be able to access, review, display or use third party applications, websites, services, products, Content, or information via our Service, or our Service may otherwise include references to third party Content, information, documents, software, materials and/or services (“Third- Party Content”). Third-Party Content is not under Citable’s control, and you acknowledge and agree that Citable is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, validity or any other aspect of the content of such Third-Party Content, nor is Citable responsible for errors or omissions in any references to other parties or their products and services. The inclusion of a link or reference to the Third-Party Content does not imply any endorsement of, or association with, the Third-Party Content or the Third Party provider by Citable or its affiliates, or any warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Citable shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any Third-Party Content. You acknowledge and agree that You are solely responsible for and assume all risk arising from or related to your access to, use of, or reliance upon any Content or Third-Party Content and You assume all responsibility for any charges you may incur for accessing any Content or Third-Party Content. In some cases, the Service may include certain embedded applications provided and controlled by third parties and governed by the terms and policies of such third parties. You should only use these third-party tools if you agree to their respective terms and policies.
- Access and use outside the United States of America. The Service is controlled and operated within the United States of America and is only intended for access and use by people located within the United States of America. Even though the Service may be accessible outside of the United States of America, Citable makes no representation or warranty that the Service or any Content available through the Service is appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States of America, Accessing the Service or Content from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the Service and Content from a location outside the United States of America you are solely responsible for compliance with applicable laws, including local laws regarding online conduct and content and U.S. export laws and regulations.
- Limitation of liability. In no event shall citable, its affiliates, and citable and its affiliates respective officers, directors, employees, contractors and agents , citable’s service providers and/or content providers be liable to you or any third party under contract, in tort, strict liability, negligence or any other legal or equitable theory, for any loss or damages (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, punitive, actual, consequential, incidental, special, exemplary, or otherwise) lost profit, data loss, cost of procurement of substitute goods arising from or relating to this agreement or your use of, or inability to use, the digital services including for any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like (regardless of the source of origination), even if citable has been advised of the possibility of such damages.Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, citable’s liability to you for any damages arising from or related to this agreement, the content, or the service (for any cause whatsoever and regardless of the form of the action), will at all times be limited to the greater of (a) fifty us dollars ($50) or (b) amounts you’ve paid citable in the prior 12 months (if any). The existence of more than one claim will not enlarge this limit. You agree that our service providers and content providers will have no liability of any kind arising from or relating to this agreement.Some states and jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental of consequential damages, so in those states and jurisdictions citable’s liability is limited to the extent permitted by law.
- Termination of Use. You acknowledge and agree that Citable may, in its sole discretion, limit, terminate or suspend your account or your access to all or part of the Service without notice to you for your breach, violation, or failure to comply with the Terms. Termination will not limit any additional rights or remedies that are available to Citable. Without limiting any other provisions in the Terms, Citable may, in its sole discretion terminate your use of the Service without cause upon reasonable notice to you. Any provision which must survive in order to allow Citable to enforce its meaning shall survive the termination of this Agreement; provided, subject to Section 17 (Limitation Period for Claims) below.
Upon termination or suspension, regardless of the reasons therefore, your right to use the Service immediately ceases, and you acknowledge and agree that Citable may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information in your account and/or bar any further access to such information or the Service. Citable shall not be liable to you or any third party for any claims or damages arising out of any termination or suspension or any other actions taken by Citable in connection with such termination or suspension.
- Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Citable harmless against any losses, expenses, costs, or damages, reasonable attorneys’ fees, reasonable costs of litigation or proceedings arising from, incurred as a result of, or related to any claim or action based on your breach of, violation of or failure to comply with the Terms and/or your access to or use of the Service, Content, or Third-Party Content.
- Governing Law. By accessing or using the Service, you agree that the laws of the state of Texas, except for it conflict of laws principles, apply to all matters resulted to the use of the Service. You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally (a) consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Travis County, Texas and (b) that any action or proceeding concerning the Terms or the Service will be brought exclusively in such courts.
- Severability. The provisions of these Terms are intended to be interpreted in a manner which makes them valid, legal, and enforceable. If any provision is found to be partially or wholly invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be modified or restricted to the extent and in the manner necessary to render it valid, legal, and enforceable. It is expressly understood and agreed between the parties that such modification or restriction may be accomplished unilaterally by Citable, or alternatively, by a court of law. If such provisions cannot under any circumstances be so modified or restricted, they shall be excised from the Terms without affecting the validity, legality or enforceability of any of the remaining provisions.
- Limitation Period for Claims. You agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to the Services or Content that you may have must be brought by you within one (1) year of the date the cause of action arises, otherwise such cause of action shall be deemed to be waived and permanently barred.
- Class Action Waiver. You agree that you and Citable will resolved any disputes, claims, or controversies on an individual basis. You agree that any claims brought under the Terms in connection with the Service or Content shall be brought in an individual capacity and not on behalf of, or as part of, any purported class, consolidated, or representative proceeding. You agree that you shall not participate in any class, consolidated, or representative proceeding brought by any third party arising under the Terms or in connection with the Service.
- You shall not assign your rights and obligations under the Terms to any other party and any purported attempt to do so will be null and void. Citable may freely assign its rights and obligations under the Terms.
- Any failure by Citable to enforce or exercise any provision of the Terms or related rights shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or right.
- All notices to Citable must be sent to Citable at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you believe that the Content accessible via the Service violates your copyright, please message Citable about the matter at email@example.com and provide a full description of the alleged infringing material and your contact information.