US travel restrictions to remain in place. Delta variant cases cited as the reason.
Where: Washington, DC
▪ The White House said the existing travel restrictions for international travel will remain for now because of the surge in Covid cases from the Delta variant.
▪ White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki stated, “We will maintain existing travel restrictions at this point for a few reasons. The more transmissible Delta variant is spreading both here and around the world.”
▪ The first set of Covid-related travel restrictions was imposed by the US on China in January 2020.
▪ The US travel ban has since included non-US citizens coming from the UK, Europe, Ireland, India, Iran, and South America.
▪ Canada will allow vaccinated Americans entry into the country starting August 9th.
Direct, authoritative source material on this story.
Articles Citable has ingested related to this story.
Percentage of day’s news
Citable analysis assessing the language of each article related to the story as positive, negative or neutral.
Publications covering this story along with their cumulative positive or negative sentiment.