Judge ruled the DACA program unlawful. Biden to appeal the court’s ruling.
▪ On Friday, US District Judge, Andrew Hanen, ruled that President Barack Obama exceeded his powers when he created DACA in 2012.
▪ The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program was enacted via an executive order when it failed to pass Congress.
▪ President Joe Biden, in a statement, stated that the Justice Department would appeal Hanen’s ruling.
▪ Biden also said the Department of Homeland Security would soon issue a new regulation intended to strengthen DACA’s legal standing.
▪ Biden stated, “Yesterday’s federal court ruling is deeply disappointing,” adding, “While the court’s order does not now affect current DACA recipients, this decision nonetheless relegates hundreds of thousands of young immigrants to an uncertain future.”
Direct, authoritative source material on this story.
Articles Citable has ingested related to this story.
Percentage of day’s news
Citable analysis assessing the language of each article related to the story as positive, negative or neutral.
Publications covering this story along with their cumulative positive or negative sentiment.