Johns Hopkins University, CDC, Joe Biden, Olivia Rodrigo
US COVID-19 cases are increasing. JHU data reports rising numbers.
Where: United States
▪ Johns Hopkins University (JHU) Coronavirus Resource Center data reported that the number of active cases in the US as of July 12th rose to 23,600 from 11,300 on June 23rd.
▪ According to JHU data, the weekly trend of the number of new daily cases is on the rise in all US states except Maine and Nebraska, which show no change, and South Dakota, which shows a downward trend in the number of daily cases.
▪ Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) data from July 13th reported a total of 149,943 new cases in the last seven days and 605,140 deaths in total attributed to COVID-19.
▪ CDC data states that as of July 13th, 55.6% of the total population in the US has received at least one dose, and 48.1% have received the full dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
▪ Co-Director of Washington University School of Medicine infectious-disease division Dr. Bill Powderly, said, “It is certainly no coincidence that we are looking at exactly the time that we would expect cases to be occurring after the July Fourth weekend.”
▪ On July 13th, singer Olivia Rodrigo commented on President Biden’s Instagram post, indicating that she would be teaming up with the White House administration to promote vaccination among young individuals.
▪ Biden wrote under a picture from his youth, “I know this young person would’ve gotten vaccinated, but we’ve got to get other young people protected as well. Who’s willing to help?” – under which Rodrigo commented, “I’m in! See you tomorrow at the White House!”
Direct, authoritative source material on this story.
Articles Citable has ingested related to this story.
Percentage of day’s news
Citable analysis assessing the language of each article related to the story as positive, negative or neutral.
Publications covering this story along with their cumulative positive or negative sentiment.