Nancy Pelosi, Adam Kinzinger
Pelosi appoints Kinzinger to Jan 6th committee. Second GOP critic of Trump on the committee.
Where: Washington, DC
▪ On Sunday, House Speaker, Nancy Pelosi, appointed a second republican critic of Donald Trump, Representative Adam Kinzinger, to the January 6th investigatory committee.
▪ Kinzinger stated he “humbly accepted” the appointment even as the GOP leadership boycotted the inquiry.
▪ In a statement, Pelosi said Kinzinger, an Illinois Republican, will bring “great patriotism to the committee’s mission: to find the facts and protect our Democracy.”
▪ Kinzinger is the second Republican on the committee along with Representative Liz Cheney of Wyoming.
▪ The two were among the 10 House Republicans to vote for Trump’s second impeachment and the only two Republicans to vote to form the special committee.
▪ In a statement, Kinzinger said, “For months, I have said that the American people deserve transparency and truth on how and why thousands showed up to attack our democracy.”
▪ Earlier, House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy said the GOP would not participate in the committee after Pelosi rejected two of his nominees.
Direct, authoritative source material on this story.
Articles Citable has ingested related to this story.
Percentage of day’s news
Citable analysis assessing the language of each article related to the story as positive, negative or neutral.
Publications covering this story along with their cumulative positive or negative sentiment.