Dr. Rochelle Walensky
Delta variant behind 83% of new COVID-19 cases. CDC says vaccination is the most powerful tool.
Where: Washington, DC
▪ CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said the Delta variant of the Covid virus accounts for 83% of analyzed cases in the US.
▪ On Tuesday, Dr. Walensky spoke before the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.
▪ The Delta variant is a mutated coronavirus that was first detected in India but is now prevalent worldwide.
▪ Dr. Walensky stated, “The best way to prevent the spread of COVID-19 variants is to prevent the spread of disease, and vaccination is the most powerful tool we have.”
▪ A new study, led by Nathaniel Landau, Grossman School of Medicine, was posted online – It suggests that the J&J vaccine should be boosted with another dose to be effective against the new variants.
Direct, authoritative source material on this story.
Articles Citable has ingested related to this story.
Percentage of day’s news
Citable analysis assessing the language of each article related to the story as positive, negative or neutral.
Publications covering this story along with their cumulative positive or negative sentiment.