Pelosi rejects 2 names from McCarthy’s list. McCarthy withdraws all his picks for Committee.
Where: Washington, DC
▪ House Speaker Nancy Pelosi asked House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy to name two Republicans to the January 6th committee in place of the two rejected by her – Representatives Jim Jordan and Jim Banks.
▪ Pelosi stated, “With respect for the integrity of the investigation, with an insistence on the truth and with concern about statements made and actions taken by these Members, I must reject the recommendations of Representatives Banks and Jordan to the Select Committee.”
▪ McCarthy revoked all five Republicans he had named for the committee, saying the GOP would launch its own investigation.
▪ Pelosi has already appointed Representative Liz Cheney to the committee, ensuring that a quorum was available to proceed, whether other Republicans participated or not.
▪ Cheney stated, “At every opportunity, the minority leader has attempted to prevent the American people from understanding what happened.”
Direct, authoritative source material on this story.
Articles Citable has ingested related to this story.
Percentage of day’s news
Citable analysis assessing the language of each article related to the story as positive, negative or neutral.
Publications covering this story along with their cumulative positive or negative sentiment.