Harris’ first visit to southern border. VP visits immigration facilities.
Where: El Paso, TX
▪ On Friday, Vice President Kamala Harris visited the border town of El Paso, TX, for 4 1/2 hours. This was her first official visit to the southern border as Vice President.
▪ Harris toured the port of entry and border operations at El Paso. She visited immigration facilities and met girl migrants aged 9-16 near the border.
▪ Harris stressed that she was focused on resolving problems in Central America, stating, “My trip to Guatemala and Mexico was about addressing the root causes.”
▪ In a statement, former President Donald J. Trump said, “After months of ignoring the crisis at the Southern Border, it is great that we got Kamala D. Harris to finally go and see the tremendous destruction and death that they’ve created — a direct result of Biden ending my very tough but fair Border policies.”
▪ Harris said, “It is here in El Paso that the previous administration’s child separation policy was unveiled,” adding, “And so we’ve seen the disastrous effects of that right here in this region. It is here in El Paso that the Return to Mexico policy from the previous administration was implemented. We have seen the disaster that resulted from that.”
Direct, authoritative source material on this story.
Articles Citable has ingested related to this story.
Percentage of day’s news
Citable analysis assessing the language of each article related to the story as positive, negative or neutral.
Publications covering this story along with their cumulative positive or negative sentiment.