Vietnam Health Minister
Vietnam discovers a new Covid virus variant. Variant is the hybrid of Indian and UK strains.
Where: Hanoi, Vietnam
▪ The Vietnamese Health Minister, Nguyen Long, said they had found a new variant of the Covid virus, a hybrid of strains first detected in India and the UK.
▪ Long said the variant was discovered after running tests on newly-infected patients.
▪ Long stated the recent surge in Vietnam could be due to the new strain.
▪ The WHO statistics state that in Vietnam, from January 3, 2020, there have been 6,396 confirmed cases of Covid-19 with 47 deaths; 980,076 vaccine doses have been administered.
▪ Vietnam has ordered a ban on all religious events throughout the country; large gatherings and non-essential businesses are banned in major cities.
Direct, authoritative source material on this story.
Articles Citable has ingested related to this story.
Percentage of day’s news
Citable analysis assessing the language of each article related to the story as positive, negative or neutral.
Publications covering this story along with their cumulative positive or negative sentiment.