CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky
CDC relaxes mask rules for the vaccinated. President Joe Biden welcomes the move .
Where: Washington, DC
▪ At a White House COVID-19 briefing, CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said, “The agency now recommends that anyone who is fully vaccinated can participate in indoor and outdoor activities, large or small, without wearing a mask or physical distancing.”
▪ The CDC said this move was led by scientific evidence that vaccines help controlling infections and the spread of the virus.
▪ Biden added, “The rule is very simple: get vaccinated or wear a mask until you do. The choice is yours. You all made this possible. Now let’s finish the work of beating this virus and getting everything back to normal.”
▪ Los Angeles County officials, however, said it would review the CDC’s recommendations before making any adjustments.
▪ House Speaker Nancy Pelosi insisted members of the House will still need to wear masks when on the House floor.
▪ The president of the American Federation of Teachers labor union said schools can reopen fully by fall. The decision comes following the approval for Pfizer’s vaccine for adolescents between 12 to 15 years of age.
Direct, authoritative source material on this story.
Articles Citable has ingested related to this story.
Percentage of day’s news
Citable analysis assessing the language of each article related to the story as positive, negative or neutral.
Publications covering this story along with their cumulative positive or negative sentiment.