Daunte Wright, Kim Potter
Officer arrested over MN shooting. Officer and Chief resign from police force.
Where: Brooklyn Center, MN
▪ Former officer Kim Potter was arrested and charged with second-degree manslaughter for shooting Daunte Wright on April 11, 2021.
▪ According to her body camera, Potter withdrew her service gun accidentally instead of her taser and shot Wright fatally.
▪ The prosecution would have to try Potter for criminal negligence which entails a maximum sentence of 10 years in jail and a $20,000 fine.
▪ Kim Potter and Brooklyn Center Police Chief Tim Gannon resigned from their posts following the incident on Tuesday.
▪ Crowds flouted curfew and gathered around the Brooklyn Police Department in protest that turned violent: the police attempted to disperse the crowd by using rubber bullets and flash grenades.
Direct, authoritative source material on this story.
Articles Citable has ingested related to this story.
Percentage of day’s news
Citable analysis assessing the language of each article related to the story as positive, negative or neutral.
Publications covering this story along with their cumulative positive or negative sentiment.