J&J vaccine decision expected Friday. FDA paused usage on 4/13.
Where: US, World
▪ The US Food and Drug Administration recommended the use of the vaccine be paused while scientists study a possible link to extremely rare blood clots.
▪ Dr. Anthony Fauci said he expected experts to recommend some sort of a “warning or restriction” on the use of the vaccine.
▪ According to Fauci, an expert panel that is advising the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is scheduled to meet this Friday.
▪ A final decision on the way forward for the J&J vaccine is expected following the outcome of the meeting.
▪ Decisions made have had a trickle-down effect in other countries which look to the US for direction; South Africa and the Democratic Republic of Congo have already instated a pause on the J&J vaccine.
Direct, authoritative source material on this story.
Articles Citable has ingested related to this story.
Percentage of day’s news
Citable analysis assessing the language of each article related to the story as positive, negative or neutral.
Publications covering this story along with their cumulative positive or negative sentiment.