India exceeds 300k Covid-19 cases in one day. Lockdown imposed in capital New Delhi.
Where: New Delhi, India
▪ India reported 314,835 new Covid-19 cases in 24 hours, according to WHO data.
▪ India’s capital New Delhi has announced a week-long lockdown; Maharashtra and other affected states have placed severe restrictions.
▪ Hospital bed and oxygen shortages are being reported all over the country.
▪ Prime Minister Narendra Modi has met with oxygen manufacturers to alleviate the demand for oxygen; the Indian Air Force is being pressed into service to transport oxygen containers.
▪ Everyone above the age of 18 years is eligible to be vaccinated as of May 1.
Direct, authoritative source material on this story.
Articles Citable has ingested related to this story.
Percentage of day’s news
Citable analysis assessing the language of each article related to the story as positive, negative or neutral.
Publications covering this story along with their cumulative positive or negative sentiment.