Duration of vaccine immunity researched. Pfizer explores annual vaccine shots.
▪ Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla said people who received two doses of the Pfizer vaccine might require a third booster shot between the 6-12 month mark to sustain immunity.
▪ Pfizer announced in February 2021 its research into a third booster dose of their mRNA vaccine – Bourla commented on the need for an annual or seasonal shot to protect against the evolving strains of COVID-19.
▪ The clinical trial of 800 participants to study the booster shot’s efficacy against the new South African strain reported infection in only nine volunteers from the placebo group and none in the vaccinated group.
▪ Moderna President Stephen Hoge spoke of the potential need for an annual or seasonal COVID-19 vaccine shot for enhanced immunity.
▪ Moderna CEO Stéphane Bancel told CNBC that the company was developing a single annual shot to provide immunity against the common cold and the COVID-19.
Direct, authoritative source material on this story.
Articles Citable has ingested related to this story.
Percentage of day’s news
Citable analysis assessing the language of each article related to the story as positive, negative or neutral.
Publications covering this story along with their cumulative positive or negative sentiment.